Your engine is the heart of your vehicle. A second hand engine is not always the most effective repair option long term. The experienced team at Quality Autos can rebuild your engine to the same standard than when it came out of the factory.
Quality Autos has a well-established reputation when it comes to Engine Reconditioning. The team will take the time to discuss your needs and will leave you with a quality service that is guaranteed.
Why recondition an Engine?
Before any work starts, one of the team will conduct a thorough inspection of the engine to determine if the engine is worth reconditioning.
If the technician decides that the engine is worth reconditioning there is a number of procedures to recondition the engine back to its original specifications including:
- Straighten, regrind, and/or polish the crankshaft
- Straighten and recondition connecting rods
- Install and fit new pistons and piston rings
- Bore and hone cylinders and “re-sleeve” if necessary
- Straighten and/or resurface cylinder head(s)
- Completely recondition cylinder heads (valve job)
- Rebalance engine components, if necessary
- Install new crankshaft and camshaft bearings
- Replace and fit camshaft, lifters, timing chain, timing gears
- Replace oil pump and/or oil pump drive components
- Assemble the engine following strict guidelines for bolt torque, tightening
- sequence and parts alignment
- Pre-lube and pressure test final assembly (if required)
- and more!